From the article: Top Ski Resorts
Do you have a favorite ski area? Let us know and share your best runs, on-mountain restaurants, and top off-slope activities at your favorite ski resort. Share Your Ski Resort
- Agree! Mammoth is the best ski destinations I have visited so far, and this is one of my favorite ski places that I love to keep coming back!
- —Guest feonicamartinez
Mammoth Mountain California
- this place is great and stays open usually November-June. Sometimes July.
- —Guest optumus123
- With an average yearly snowfall of 465", Wolf Creek in Southwest Colorado Rocks! Their motto is: The MOST SNOW in Colorado!
- —Guest Gawn Country
- This is a lovely resort, with a variety of blue slopes plus nursery slpoe. Nice atmosphere, plenty of sunshine. 2 chairlifts, coming soon a gondola. Nice restaurants, only an hour drive from Tehran. 25 $ day ticket, weekends only10 min. ques.
- —Guest Kamran Kashani
- Great for mid-winter pow and late season spring skiing. They're one of the only resorts open daily until July 4 -- not just on the weekends in late season! Riding Climax on a pow day is amazing. And Cornice Bowl to Saddle Bowl is great for ripping big GS turns. Then you can duck into Main Park or Forrest Trail for terrain park fun. A little bit of everything I love in one run. For food, Whiskey Creek has the best happy hour in town with half-off most of their menu in the bar. The best breakfast is at Stellar Brew. Lunch? Pack one or share a burrito at Main lodge. They're huge! For nightlife, Auld Dubliner, Lakanuki are all fun depending on the night. And Clocktower is great if you wanna keep it low key.
- —Guest Steve
Mammoth and Snowmass Tie!
- Chair 23 in Mammoth is so sweet.... But then there's my dear Snowmass that has captured my heart too!
- —Guest Jorine
Mammoth is the only mountain for me
- I grew up on Mammoth Mountain with skis at age 4 skiing at canyon lodge and started boarding at age 10. Haven't looked back since. If I could make any recommendation for the mountain it would be to have discounted ticket prices for locals like they used to! I've been riding Mammoth Mountain for 24 years now and still love the mountain!
- —Guest Troy
- Alta, because I'm a snob ;-)... actually the 800+ inches on a skiers only mountain gets you away from crowds, ridiculous prices and into some of the best front and backcountry in the world.
- —Guest Wheels
Any of them as long as there is snow
- I just finished 12 straight months of skiing, started in NZ and just finished at Timberline. I loved everyone of them, from Le Massif in Quebec, Breck in Colorado, Mont Tremblant ( my home hill) Mammoth, Jay, I've been to Red in BC, Kicking horse, Bromont, Mont Ste Anne, Stoneham and even my little hill in town, Edelweiss. if there is snow and the lift is running andIi'm there, it's the best place to ski.
- —Guest Ferrarifan24
Mammoth Lakes Cali!
- I lived off the side of that mountain for 11 years, and I never grew tired of it, it's always changing and adding new stuff new events and great activities for any age! Favorite run is dead man and any run off chair 10.
- —Guest marianna krieger campbell
- Love Mammoth for it's not-too-overbuilt town, yet world-class runs.
- —Guest Shelly
My whole family loves Mammoth
- Lots and lots and lots of snow! Lots of lifts and runs! The ski season is really long and you can easily get there from the L.A. area.
- —Guest Annarie
June Mountain is it!
- I loooove this little laid back mountain... who can complain about a place where you're basically guaranteed fresh tracks line after line!
- —Guest Tammy
- Mammoth is the awesome-est all around mountain of fun - all year round!
- —Guest trina
Mammoth is the best!
- But don't all of you non Californians come and take it over! We like to keep our 3500+ acres a little local sweet spot.
- —Guest Melissa
1-15 of 41Next